Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

any sugestions for new tx

poopfaceheadman

Reaction score
so i have had my fs-i6s since i started flying. about 2 yrs now. it works just fine but i am looking to try longer distance flying. i have done an antenna mod on it but i think i am wanting something else. i am kinda looking for something i can bind and set up modes in bf and go fly. i see lots of vids of people going through the menu on their tx to set stuff...is that necessary?

so i have had my fs-i6s since i started flying. about 2 yrs now. it works just fine but i am looking to try longer distance flying. i have done an antenna mod on it but i think i am wanting something else. i am kinda looking for something i can bind and set up modes in bf and go fly. i see lots of vids of people going through the menu on their tx to set stuff...is that necessary?
Depends on where you want to take your hobby/addiction. I still have two wizard x220 rtf kits that use the same controller as yours. Was ok as a learner and a continuous rebuild experience but since I only had six channels (four of which were taken up with the TAER mandatory channels), there was little room for setting up other features like:
Pre arm
Arm
Modes
turtle mode
Beeper
GPS rescue etc
For that you need a transmitter like a Taranis, Spektrum or a Jumper. You can set up multiple channels, bind multiple quads and get in the air quickly. I have an older Taranis QX7S which I have 10 different quads programmed and backed up on and if I want to go long range, then you can modify it to run TBS Crossfire or similar. Having said that there is a lot of discussion regarding the newer iteration of the Taranis QX7 which is not backwards compatible with a number of older type receivers, so maybe avoid them. As for setting up in Betaflight, very simple to do so and the level of tuning you can do with the later quads is impressive.

If I were to buy today, it would be a RadioMaster TX16S hands down, no questions, and you could still fly your Flysky quads with 0 mods. I would never own a radio that did not support OpenTX, I want to do extra things like this, and you just can't do this with radios that don't support OpenTX.

If I were to buy today, it would be a RadioMaster TX16S hands down, no questions, and you could still fly your Flysky quads with 0 mods. I would never own a radio that did not support OpenTX, I want to do extra things like this, and you just can't do this with radios that don't support OpenTX.

ha...was totally unaware you could do that...nice

Reactions: HighTechPauper
i been looking alot at the frsky. like what is the learning curve for setting up in the tx menu. i did some "programing" in the flysky menu before but never really got in depth. just bind it up and set switches so i could fly. how much can you actually do in the tx menus?

i been looking alot at the frsky. like what is the learning curve for setting up in the tx menu. i did some "programing" in the flysky menu before but never really got in depth. just bind it up and set switches so i could fly. how much can you actually do in the tx menus?
You can do as little or as much as you like. There are some excellent easy peasy videos for setting up and you can reach out to getting you in the air for now or take it to what ever level to look for that last purist setting. I usually spend about 20 minutes setting up a new model and I’m good to go. From memory, I probably spent as much time setting up the Kill me now X220 as I did the other quads I have.

I just want to say that I don't think I will ever watch a more unpredictable video about transmitters lmao

• Haha
Reactions: HighTechPauper
If you are thinking about a Jumper T16, I would wait until the T18 comes out officially and see what you think of it , but I am biased as I have the T16 and I think it is a great tx but wished I could have waited for the T18. ?

Reactions: tevek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax