Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Another Noob 3d, but I don't want to make mistakes..

enigmo

Reaction score
I fly dji products hubsan 501s and a small x4 107L. I consider myself pretty good with it but, of course, the next step is getting into fpv. I can solder and I usually fix everything myself if a motor or led stops working. However, I am looking for something ready to fly. I can't spend a lot of money (I wish I could).
I watched the $300 racer wizard video and I was about to buy all the things the guy listed

(for reference
).

I also found the walkera runner 250 in my price range (I just need to add a pair of goggles).

I wonder if you guys can suggest the best way to go knowing I can't spend a lot of money. I just want to get into the fvp experience.
Again, I need the full package (quad+controller+goggles).

Enigmo,

Welcome! This is a tough one that we've all confronted. I went a bit this route on my first FPV quad. I bought an Arris X-Speed 250B that included the Radiolink AT9.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015ST5UPM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was a great way to go for me as I was totally oblivious to racing quads. I then checked out and tested various goggles and wound up with the Fatshark Dominator V3's because I could also use them with my Phantoms.

I then found myself looking at and learning about the various flight controllers and wanted to upgrade the FC, then I wanted a better camera so I bought a RageCam, then I saw another ARF bird I wanted, then I needed a different radio and ended up getting a Taranis Plus....

Are you getting the drift? I can't answer your question. The only thing I can say has been said a zillion times before, you get what you pay for. I now have 3 FPV Quads, 10+ batteries, chargers, parallel charging boards, Lipo testers, extra cameras, flight controllers, transmitters, straps, props, tools, etc.

Sorry, wish I could have been more help!

Welcome!

Jerry

You can see what has happened to me in this thread:

Almost ready for the Texas Trip!

The RTF Eachine Wizard on banggood is a solid choice. For cheap goggles, Eachine EV800 are pretty good. I am not some big Eachine fan, they just happen to have some very good budget stuff right now.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Thanks! I may go with the wizard. The video suggest a 1300mah 4s battery. Should I go with that one or a different one? As a beginner a 3s may be a better choice?

I am reading that the wizard is not really good for fvp tho because of the narrow field of view. Also, the falcon 210 seems a little bit cheaper. Is there a noticeable difference?

FOV is a property of the camera, specifically the lens. The Wizard is designed specifically for FPV. It is a matter of preference how wide FOV a pilot needs. If you don't like the FOV it has, you can put on another lens for about $5. Lots of people use a GoPro lens on their FPV cameras.

I am reading that the wizard is not really good for fvp tho because of the narrow field of view. Also, the falcon 210 seems a little bit cheaper. Is there a noticeable difference?

Link for the Falcon 210? I saw one on banggood but it is sold out. Also it does not show full parts list.

Yea I think it's the one on banggood. I didn't notice it was sold out.

The Falcon won't even show up in search for me now. But Wizard has BLHeli_S ESCs which is better and I think a couple other upgrades. It is also based on a clone of a proven premier frame, the Luminier QAV-R. I like the Wizard, it is a crazy good deal.

As a side note, I live very close (less than 1 mile) to getfvp. Now, they are not really a store since they work online but I wonder if I can just walk there and ask if they have some good deal for a beginner.

Well the wizard is def on top of my list. I am just scared because as a total beginner I am not sure I will be able to handle of the settings etc...

GetFPV is a cool site, I got my VTX from them. But a QAV-R from them will set you back $500 with very similar hardware to the Wizard. If you want a pre-tuned quad, also check out DroneProz.com . They aren't super cheap, but they tune evrything including PIDs for every drone they ship. If you are worried about the setup, that may be a good route. It will cost a lttle bit more than double the wizard's price though.

Yea I;ll take a look but the wizard seems the very best way to jump into fpv.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about setting it up if you get RTF. And if you take it slow at first, nothing will really break when you crash on grass except props.

I fly dji products hubsan 501s and a small x4 107L. I consider myself pretty good with it but, of course, the next step is getting into fpv. I can solder and I usually fix everything myself if a motor or led stops working. However, I am looking for something ready to fly. I can't spend a lot of money (I wish I could).
I watched the $300 racer wizard video and I was about to buy all the things the guy listed

(for reference
).

I also found the walkera runner 250 in my price range (I just need to add a pair of goggles).

I wonder if you guys can suggest the best way to go knowing I can't spend a lot of money. I just want to get into the fvp experience.
Again, I need the full package (quad+controller+goggles).
I had the same problem trying to get a cheap racer I started off with Dji Phantoms but made the switch to fpv glad I did. I started with the 250 class storm racers from heli pal then discovered the vortex which is bad a.. also I started off running 3s then made the switch to 4s you will have to find your way through all of this I have spent so much money and time on all of this. I had to spend big money on the goggles what a big difference when you compare visually. The dominators rule. It's go big or go home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax