Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Amperage on ESC

stan5686

Reaction score
In shopping for parts I've came up with a question for some of you old hands at this. I'm seeing amperage ratings from as low as 10 to 25 or 30 on ESC. Can someone explain this to a newbe. Is higher amp better or should you keep lower? Is this the rating that the ESC will stand in draw from the motor before bad things happen? Or does the ESC have a draw itself? I'm getting ready to start buying for my first build and this was another question that came up. Thanks

Well, I typed ESC Amperage into Google. The first couple of things that it listed took me to old postings in RCgroups.com forums. They explained it. Seems some on there had a guideline of using an ESC that has an amp rating 25% greater than what the motor should draw. There was also several mentions of weight. Higher the amp ESC the larger they are. I also found that some places listed in the specs of motors what the amp range ESC that motor needed.

Reactions: Carlos and Jtrjr
Well, I typed ESC Amperage into Google. The first couple of things that it listed took me to old postings in RCgroups.com forums. They explained it. Seems some on there had a guideline of using an ESC that has an amp rating 25% greater than what the motor should draw. There was also several mentions of weight. Higher the amp ESC the larger they are. I also found that some places listed in the specs of motors what the amp range ESC that motor needed.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I did the same but was a little lazy. Ill have to take a second look at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax