Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Am i missing anything for my first build?

Jokefox

Reaction score
This is going to be my first build/buy in for the hobby. I havent found any simplified list of all parts needs (e.i. propeller, flight controller, etc..) so I pieced together what I could off a video and some light reading. So far my list is as follows

URUAV Concept X210 ( 5mm Arm 5 Inch )
iflight xing 2208 1800kv
runcam micro swift 3 v2 4:3
Atenna for drone: foxeer with proper connector.
Frsky taranis Qx7
Frsky xm +micro D16 sbus full range reciever
Skyzone O30 goggles
Realacc triple feed patch (for goggles)
Foxeer 5.8g lollipop (for goggles)
Iflight 4in1 succeX f4 v2
Battery connector with capacitor
Gemfan hurricane props
Also a few 6s batteries, batteries for the controller and a charger.

I feel like I'm missing something?... like I said I dont know all to much and I feel like I'll have a way easier time with the software. I also do have all the skills and equipment to build.

What exactly is that? And can you reccomend a good one that would most likely work for my application?

It is the part that actually transmits the video off the camera, it is the thing that the "Atenna for drone: foxeer with proper connector " would screw onto.
There are so many out there and they all will work with that quad, all that matters is that they are for 5.8 GHz. Maybe look at a TBS Unify or a Rush Tank would be my suggestion, but you could look at AKK, ImersionRC Tramp, RDQ Mach 1, or any number of others on the market that are all pretty decent.

Also, the SucceX stack should come with the XT60 and pigtail I would think, it may even have a cap with it.

And running 6s is pushing things, you are safer to stay with 5s, but that is your call since many people run 6s and haven't blown up an ESC yet, but many also have blown up an ESC, as long as you know the risk.

I'm pretty sure the stack comes with the vtx?
It's the bottom one isent it?
Flight controller, esc and vtx?
Screenshot_20190920-224015_Banggood.jpg

And running 6s is pushing things, you are safer to stay with 5s, but that is your call since many people run 6s and haven't blown up an ESC yet, but many also have blown up an ESC, as long as you know the risk.

The video I seen for this build dident really get into batteries. They just said they were building a 6s. I assumed they ment they used 6s batteries? What would be the main difference between a 5s and a 6s? You think a 5s will be more beneficial for me over the 6s?

You are right, the vTX is a part of the stack, and it looks like you will need the battery connector, power cables, and capacitor since it doesn't look like it comes with it.
You can run it on 6s, but that is it's limit and things sometime blow up when run at the limit. Running 5s gives you a little more reliability and isn't a very noticeable difference in power. there is no difference in the build except for the KV of the motors and that everything is rated to 6s. You can run 6s, and it might blow up at some point, or you can run 5s and have a little more safety margin, it's your call. I know one thing, from the sounds of it, this may be more quad than you are capable of piloting at this point. Fly safe.

You are right, the vTX is a part of the stack, and it looks like you will need the battery connector, power cables, and capacitor since it doesn't look like it comes with it.
You can run it on 6s, but that is it's limit and things sometime blow up when run at the limit. Running 5s gives you a little more reliability and isn't a very noticeable difference in power. there is no difference in the build except for the KV of the motors and that everything is rated to 6s. You can run 6s, and it might blow up at some point, or you can run 5s and have a little more safety margin, it's your call. I know one thing, from the sounds of it, this may be more quad than you are capable of piloting at this point. Fly safe.

Is there a way to govern my power in the software side?

And I'm used to car power. I admit drone will be different. I was looking for a endurance/cruiser build but they all look super slow. I wanna go this way because I have the complete build list. But if it can be ran off 5s and be slightly tame compared to 6s then that's what I'll do. I'm ok with safety and once I get the hang of this stuff I'll bump it up with 6s. But at that time I'll probably be a bit more comfortable and make a new build.

I just wanna get flying with something good now. And learn stuff as I go. Most my investment is those goggles and radio. The drone stuff is only like 300-400. The goggles are 600$. I have 1500$ to play with.

Yes, 5s will tame it down a little, you can also put a throttle curve in the transmitter to limit you, but the best thing is to just go slowly at first and practice and get used to the quad. Learning to fly takes time and practice, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Likewise learning how to work with your transmitter and Betaflight take some time too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax