Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Am i missing anything - Build list

WingsGB

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am making the switch to FPV and qaud flying.

This is the below setup iv decided on from reading around online. Can Someone tell me if i am missing anything from my list to complete the build, apart from props and materials. Do i need an antenna to go with the av transmitter & receiver?

Chameleon Frame
PDB & reg
NAZE32 F3 Flight Controller Acro 6
Racerstar MS Series 25A ESC
4xRacerstar 2205 BR2205 2300KV 4S (once i have more experience i will upgrade to Emax RS2205 2600KV Racing Edition)
Charsoon 14 8V 1300mAh 50C 4S & Infinity 1300mah 14 8V 90C 4S1P
RunCam Swift 2 IR blocker
ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz AV Transmitter
FrSky Taranis X9D
X8R Receiver
Fat Shark Attitude V3

Thanks

Welcome, Wings! I'm fairly new to this stuff as well but I've recently completed 2 builds that seem to be flying very well. Your list looks pretty good. A couple of things you may want to think about. I'm certainly no experts but I'd be looking at a little better Flight controller. I think the SPR F3 or one of the newer F4 based boards may be a better choice than the Naze32. I went with the new Betaflight F3 AIO FC (BFF3). It's a single board that incorporates the FC, PDB and also has OSD on a single board. It makes for a cleaner lighter build.

The immersionRC 600mw VTX is a good VTX but it is pretty large, the ImmersionRC TrampHV is smaller and newer. They're very hard to get though. I just bought a Diatone SP3 VTX to replace a VTX in one of my other birds. It's stackable, has OSD and a pigtail for mounting the antenna.

The X8R is a great receiver, I have it in one of my birds. It's a big receiver with bulky antennas so it takes up a lot of real estate but you have some room in that frame. You may want to consider the FrSky XSR, it's much smaller. I've got it in 4 of my birds.

I don't know much about the Attitude V3. I have the FS Dominator V3's and love them.

Looks like you're well on your way to a decent bird. I'm just giving you my opinions and thoughts. I don't see anything on your list that shouldn't work. Good luck with your new build!

Jerry

Thankyou Jerry for all of the advice. I certinally will look into a different flight controller. As for the receiver can you tell me the difference between them or the benefits of 1 over the other. You mentioned the XSR which seems great but iv noticed people flying with the X4RSB and this is alot heavier?

Thanks again

Wings,

I'm away on business right now so I can't go into great detail. The X8R will be the largest and heaviest with most likely the best range and options. The X4R series will be a bit smaller than the 8R and it doesn't have the amplified tips on the end of the antennas. The XSR will be much smaller, much lighter, with the lowest range (whether it's extremely negligible is debatable in my opinion). I have all three and have started using the XSR in everything because of its compact footprint and lower weight. I don't see much difference in range, there is a difference but not enough for me to go with the larger modules. I'm using mostly x-frames so real estate on my birds is critical. On the frame you're using the X8R will fit so it really boils down to your personal preference. For me, with racing quads, less is better.

Jerry

You may want to look into the Taranis QX7 over the XD9...maybe watch some youtube comparisons on the two....many say buy the QX7 ove r the XD9 but It's personal preference I guess. $250 vs $150. They are basically the same exact controller but the QX7 is the simplified version. All the same guts tho!! Just a thought.

Reactions: WingsGB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax