Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Almost done rebuilding!

thanks for the kudos Wayne.
15341675650937274899003105918737.jpg
I'll for sure let you know how it goes of coarse.
i only got los test in Saturday on the 3" mini rebuild. the power wire was broke off for the vtx. it still seemed a bit herky jerky LOS.
hopeful I'll get behind the goggles and fly it fpv test flight today. it's still got the old raceflight stack. if i like this new stack, i think it would also handle my 3". I'll rebuild.

thanks Jet. i think i like building more than flying... lol.
I test flew the 3" today fpv and it sucks. it wasn't the motors (which had well over 1000 packs through them). its still got jerky yaw actions with throttle changes. its just yaw so my guess is the esc (its a 4in1) to either the right rear or left front is bad [jerks left just slightly] its an old raceflight stack so. <sigh> this will need rebuilt again with a new stack as well.
at least the 5" is still beastly and filling my adrenaline addiction.
<lawnchair adrenalin junky >
<should have started fresh with the 3">
lesson learned. if your rebuilding cause your wearing out your drone, gut it and do a frame up.
don't get me wrong, ive fixed all these alot over time but the bits are old. i can't find replacements.... rebuild ( :

i always try some and orbit myself a little when i have to do a walk of shame and go get the quad after a crash. im fair to midline but still too much body English and stagger around some. I'd rather sit down myself.
practice is all i need, and to relax more

Last edited:
the stack size is different 30mm with 20mm holes. i already cut the new motor wires and it's gonna be tight.
1536158200538147779871049219963.jpg
i think I'm going to solder everything together off the frame, then install. i want the motor wires on the bottom of the 4in1 and out of sight.
I'm still planning my approach.
anyone build this way? (all units wired before putting on the frame? any advice?

the vtx will mount under the hood this time. 15361586340091619292404726835849.jpg

Reactions: HighTechPauper
thanks Wayne, Natedogg will be back first week of october. yesterday was the last day of raft season. Flathead river water level is too low now.
he's kept all 5 rize quads flying through the summer. I'm looking forward to seeing that footage.

problem is i just "rebuilt" both but didn't replace the stacks on either (great experience but waste of time). new motors was what i suspected was needed and cut wires to the old fc/esc stacks. new stacks are 4mm wider so my motor wires are tight now. they will fit but only if i solder first and then mount it... im simply not that good or brave to build on the frame this time.
planning the builds out (++to look good) is my true challenge.. after that its just flying a tough "roll around in the grass alot" quad. i really love building... but i fly everyday if its dry outside.

Lol ,lawn chair junkie .
I like that buddy. Now here's a thing, can you fpv standing up? I sure as hell can't.
Can you learn that or is it just something younger people can do?
I'm always crashing even harder standing up.. i tend to fly faster... but i try
edit: i think "old guy" is fair excuse. ( ;

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya