Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Almost 50 yo and bitten by the quad bug

Wrecked

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Guess its about time to meet some new people, and be part of the quad community as the days here are getting shorter and darker, and its more comfortable to sit in front of the computer than out there flying in the cold :)

I started flying Dji Phantom drones in 2016 and got my first real quad in 2017, but only flew like once a month in STAB. In april 2018 I saw some cool freestyle videos on youtube, and desided to learn to fly in ACRO!

Here I am almost 1½ year later, and still loving to fly. It's a great stress reliever and I get to come out in the nature and clear my mind.

Im still learning, and would like to interact with other pilots to share experience and stories.

I have a youtube channel, where I post my flight videoes. Mostly for my self to watch, but feel free to leave a comment :)

/Wrecked

Last edited:
I'm 61 and have had the bug for a while, I have a couple of MObula 7 and an Autel Evo. I have MS so stuck at home but the drones help me pass
some great time. I have to thank R.H. for the my having fun indoors with the Whoops.
At this point getting used to the Mobula7 and having my right hand numb, it is a challenge but getting better as
I go along. Good Luck with this nice endeavour.

Wow thanks a lot guys :D

Its getting hard to find good spots here as the weather undresses the trees, but I got one great location close to where I work that stays green the whole year. One day I will post a video from there.

How are you guys holding up during the winter? (those of you that doesn't live in FL anyway). Indoor flying, or do you put on warm clothes and get out there?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
...But it cools down in the evenings now. lmao!
Screenshot_20191102-142547_Weather.jpg
Already got 5 batteries through the 2" cerb this morning flying my back yard. batteries charging back!! For golden hour. flew The Mavic too just practicing. org_89edde25ecbbcae6_1567971912000.jpg
DJI_0085.jpg
Would love to get together and learn more DJI tricks from you sir!

Bought and received a Beta 85X HD, .....nice looking and looks solid....gonna try to fly it indoors today.
Flies on 3S and supposedly capable on 4S but I'll see next spring outside.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput