Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Advice on waterproofing electronics?

Just brush it on, it spreads itself over the parts pretty well. You can use a blacklight to check coverage. I usually do a couple coats.
Ok so I just spread this over all electronics right? Sorry I know that is a stupid question I just want to be sure I don't have to avoid anything. I like to be certain. Thanks.

Bae,

Be careful around any plastic/USB connectors. You can do the back side of the connectors but you don't want any of this to get into any of them.

Jerry
Will I still be able to make any solder repairs if this is applied to the FC?

Will I still be able to make any solder repairs if this is applied to the FC?

Yes, easiest way is just to boil it off with the soldering iron. Heat the coated joint for about five seconds at a time, with maybe 10 seconds rest in between, until it stops bubbling and smelling good :D It doesn't take very long.

Reactions: Keifie and Jtrjr
I need to get some of that. Put my whoop into a puddle upside down yesterday. Instantly lost video and bind. Had about three quarters of a can of QD Electric Cleaner. Used what was left in the can to soak the FC and cam. Let it dry overnight and tested today. Thankfully it's fine. But I didn't want to have to replace all the electronics. And don't want to have to go through this again. Lol

I use a product called Corrosion X. It is a liquid so it does not harden. I got it on Amazon in a 16oz spray bottle. Josh Bixler of FlighTest did a video on YT a few years ago about it. It's cool to watch...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax