Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

75x hd binds but nothing in receiver tab?

Kafpv

Reaction score
Hi, new to the fpv stuff... bit of a background. I have a taranis qx7s access, had trouble binding it to my tinyhawk2 but eventually got a djt module and it worked a treat. Then I bought a beta 75xhd eu lbt. Due to the access part of the qx7 it is impossible to bind. So after 3 whole days of trying. Just gave up and bought a jumper t18 pro... within seconds it binds, now I’m happy, for only a short time. I set up the model like I did on the terrains but I go on betaflight and I’m not getting any movement from the transmitter in receiver tab. Not even aux switches. Nothing works...... again I’ve been on this for a few days too and so close to giving up. What am I doing wrong..... any one else had issues like this...

Thanks

If you’re sure it’s bound and you have assigned your switches on your controller, maybe try plugging in a battery next time you’re in Betaflight. I set up a new quad last night and same deal, no response until you connect a battery.

yes you have to use the battery to get the receiver to work on beta flight ... ive come to the conclusion that it a faulty component and have contacted the shop i bought it from for my money back.

yes you have to use the battery to get the receiver to work on beta flight ... ive come to the conclusion that it a faulty component and have contacted the shop i bought it from for my money back.
Ok, probably should also have asked if you have the correct uarts assigned in the ports tab. Maybe a screen shot to see if you have your serial rx set on the right uart, and your receiver info in the configuration tab is set up ok.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Ok, probably should also have asked if you have the correct uarts assigned in the ports tab. Maybe a screen shot to see if you have your serial rx set on the right uart, and your receiver info in the configuration tab is set up ok.
i will do later, not at home.... i have no idea what the parts are and do either...

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 14.29.12.png

It appears that your quad is being read by Betaflight which is positive, does your quad make the any sounds when you plug a battery in (should be five ‘chirp’ sounds meaning your esc’s and flight controller are ok). Updating the incorrect firmware would cause the problems you are having but I don't think you would have done that since it is brand new.
Are you absolutely sure the quad is bound to the transmitter? A solid green light on your quad receiver. Not sure about the Jumper transmitter, but on my Taranis, you can see the reception bars on the home screen telling you it is is talking to the quad.

Show a pic of your TX Inputs, Mixer, and Outputs pages for this quad. It could be as simple as improper TX config seeing how you have nothing working on this TX, does it work for a simulator?

Also, while BetaFPV documentation sucks, it would appear you have the wrong UART picked since they seem to be hooking Frsky receivers to UART2 as is shown on the BetaFPV solutions page. While they do not show an XM+ there is no reason to think they would have any other Inverted UART available for any type of Frsky receiver wich is always an Inverted protocol.

1593919786481.png

Attachments

• 1593919732703.png
    1593919732703.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 1
Show a pic of your TX Inputs, Mixer, and Outputs pages for this quad. It could be as simple as improper TX config seeing how you have nothing working on this TX, does it work for a simulator?

Also, while BetaFPV documentation sucks, it would appear you have the wrong UART picked since they seem to be hooking Frsky receivers to UART2 as is shown on the BetaFPV solutions page. While they do not show an XM+ there is no reason to think they would have any other Inverted UART available for any type of Frsky receiver wich is always an Inverted protocol.

View attachment 4445
Would it be normal for a brand new quad to be incorrectly wired? I guess it happens but I’ve never seen it (except when I’m having a fiddle with setting up my gear).

View attachment 4445
The blue line in this pic is going to the Uninverted port of the RX. Notice it is not one of the wires in the plug. That is the uninverted port I was asking you about in that video in another thread...

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Would it be normal for a brand new quad to be incorrectly wired? I guess it happens but I’ve never seen it (except when I’m having a fiddle with setting up my gear).

Bad out of the box, possibly, wired wrong, highly unlikely since they build hundreds of them. It is possible however, that it isn't configured correctly for Serial RX out of the box, or that it was changed during the fog of not knowing much about how things work, or how you check and test it. I know that the BetaFPV Solutions page shows UART 2 for the 75X HD, minor research says he is on the wrong UART.

I have learned a lot helping others about the new ACCESS radios using D16 and have seen a number of RX vs XJT module firmware mismatches, not to mention EU and FCC mismatches too. He should have been able to bind D16 using Frsky_X (instead of Frsky_D) config, but D16 has always had failsafe issues in the past, and Emax recommends D8 Telemetry Off for a reason.

The blue line in this pic is going to the Uninverted port of the RX. Notice it is not one of the wires in the plug. That is the uninverted port I was asking you about in that video in another thread...
Yes, the old inverted vs non-inverted, and F4 boards not having inverted ports by default, has been a big issue for some people, hence the different pads (inverted vs non-inverted etc.) being made accessible on the RX's. Usually a little research and a solid understanding of how the basics work and things will usually just work like they should.

thanks for all this help, its funny, as you were typing this about the UART i was getting help from the man himself, Joshua Bardwell, who also suggested UART 2. i did it and i have movement in betaflight..... not all good tho. i armed it, it ran really bad for 10 seconds, really rough, vibrations and then slowed down and now the motors won't work... oh and the motors got really hot, too hot to touch.

All the firmware is correct, setting on my TX are correct. i can't help but feel its a bad quad and have contacted the shop to send it back...

i do find it strange tho..... i didn't move the UART to 1 so how can it be on 1 if they use 2?

• Sad
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Bad out of the box, possibly, wired wrong, highly unlikely since they build hundreds of them. It is possible however, that it isn't configured correctly for Serial RX out of the box, or that it was changed during the fog of not knowing much about how things work, or how you check and test it. I know that the BetaFPV Solutions page shows UART 2 for the 75X HD, minor research says he is on the wrong UART.

I have learned a lot helping others about the new ACCESS radios using D16 and have seen a number of RX vs XJT module firmware mismatches, not to mention EU and FCC mismatches too. He should have been able to bind D16 using Frsky_X (instead of Frsky_D) config, but D16 has always had failsafe issues in the past, and Emax recommends D8 Telemetry Off for a reason.
Man you know way too much about this hobby, maybe give Bardwell a run for his money.....

Man you know way too much about this hobby, maybe give Bardwell a run for his money.....
Yeah, I guess 40+ years deploying and troubleshooting cellular, cable, and internet globally gives me a little experience that translates pretty well to this hobby. Thanks for the vote of confidence @tevek!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax