Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

2 new models

Hey @Keifie, have you tried any 4s yet, I know it will probably be too hot in GA to fly 4s without hot motors and stressing things to the limit, but just curios. I even ordered 1 850 4s to see if I can use it to have a longer flight time for just cruising around without hard flying. This thing has no problem picking up the 650 4s so I figured I should at least try an 850 since I know a few others that are experimenting with them also, but motor temp is a real concern.
No. I think the 3S does just fine.
Hey @Keifie, have you tried any 4s yet, I know it will probably be too hot in GA to fly 4s without hot motors and stressing things to the limit, but just curios. I even ordered 1 850 4s to see if I can use it to have a longer flight time for just cruising around without hard flying. This thing has no problem picking up the 650 4s so I figured I should at least try an 850 since I know a few others that are experimenting with them also, but motor temp is a real concern.

Randy, not sure people are getting caught off guard by the sudden drop in voltage. I saw some vids where the pack simply dropped off the charts.
Having said that do most people prep the packs properly or just rip them from the start?
Ummmm guiltily as charged.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Keifie, great info on the arm upgrade.
Cooler motors/ more flight time equals a very happy camper.
I love all this interactive help that we all get to learn from on DRP.
I wish there was a decent forum in AUS for all of this so that I could get to fly with the guys I have gotten to know, learned from and have a lot of respect for.
Oh well just have to keep playing lotto and come over there.

Randy, not sure people are getting caught off guard by the sudden drop in voltage. I saw some vids where the pack simply dropped off the charts.
Having said that do most people prep the packs properly or just rip them from the start?
Ummmm guiltily as charged.
i simply land at 14.5v 4s and 11.8 3s (voltage at a hover). 4s returns to 15.3 & 3s returns to 12.2.
going for that last 30 sec is bad practice imo. i run tattu across the board (medium quality) and pamper them. can't help someone that doesn't have or look at vbat onscreen but i think most do. after 14.7 volts i head back and fly close.. practice approaches or something.

im considering rssi on the micro but only because I'm curious... and want to try setting up OSD pid/rate changes from the turanis.
rssi would be a bunifit of that but i value my screen space.

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion