Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

2 new models

I thought it was funny, the 215 is a clone of the Floss 1 frame, when they asked the designer of the Floss1/Floss2 he said he was honored they chose to clone him but that they cloned the frame with all the problems that were fixed in the Floss2. Just like Eachine, day late and almost at the price point of building your own better machine if you keep an eye out for things on sale. I like my 3 wizards, but I can see now that while a reasonable deal, they can be beat pretty easily if you try.

Randy, how’s that rooster? You got it yet?
Yup Rooster's in the house, and it is pretty nice but it is a finicky design, having some trouble figuring out the best way to mount batteries with the XT60 coming out the front top, but I am figuring it out. Will get a few pictures out to you soon.

Reactions: Wayno52
I did the 2.5” arm upgrade and it made a HUGE difference. It feels more locked in & I’m getting at least 1 extra minute of flight too. Running 3S/460 mah packs and cyclone props.
Sweet @Keifie, thanks for the info! I guess I need to start looking for 2.5 and 3 inch arm upgrades...

Sweet @Keifie, thanks for the info! I guess I need to start looking for 2.5 and 3 inch arm upgrades...
I’ve seen two different types of upgrades arms for the Babyhawk R. Two & three hole w/two arms each. I got the three hole from PyroDrone. And those guys have amazing service & super fast shipping.

Oh yes boy. Very nice Randy.
Hmmm a baby hawk racer to boot. I heard they chew packs pretty quick and don’t give a lot of warning?
Hey Wayne,

I am not really flying it yet, just hovering around the garage right now to get some break in cycles on the new batts. I currently have a number of different sizes and I am getting a few more in a couple days.

3s 450's
3s 550's
4s 650's

And I have a 4s 450 and a 4s 850 coming to evaluate how they do on this little quad.
The motors can get pretty darn warm when I fly a 4s so I let it cool completely before I run another pack and I may need to see if I can tweak some PID's to see if I can improve the temp any. I will need to wait and see what actual flight will be like as I expect a certain amount of prop unloading, and near idle resting during actual flight that I don't get while just hovering, as well as some additional airflow once I am actual on the move.

I am currently (gentle flying/hovering in the garage) getting about 2 mins out of the 3s and about 3 mins out of the 4s but that is sure to go down once I start getting it out into the open and ripping a little harder. But we will see as I am only pulling about 50% out of the pack during a 5 cycle break in and will pull 80% (+ or-) once the packs have a few more cycles on them.

I do have Battery and RSSI in my OSD so I get a heads up on where my pack is at, not sure why others are getting caught off guard by low batt.

I did the 2.5” arm upgrade and it made a HUGE difference. It feels more locked in & I’m getting at least 1 extra minute of flight too. Running 3S/460 mah packs and cyclone props.

Hey @Keifie, have you tried any 4s yet, I know it will probably be too hot in GA to fly 4s without hot motors and stressing things to the limit, but just curios. I even ordered 1 850 4s to see if I can use it to have a longer flight time for just cruising around without hard flying. This thing has no problem picking up the 650 4s so I figured I should at least try an 850 since I know a few others that are experimenting with them also, but motor temp is a real concern.

@HighTechPauper, do you have to trim for the lipo being so far back on the rooster?
Hey Vv, I haven't had to trim anything yet and it seems to fly very well and I have not even put the GoPro in the holder yet so that should help with balance a bit. I have only flown it about 6 batts so far so I can't be positive yet but so far it seems to be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz