Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

1st Quad Probs

Stick with drone or start fresh build/get Eachine x220 Wizard?

• Eachine x220

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Build budget drone

• Stick with drone

• Total voters

JBlizz

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been into rc for the past 15 years or so off and on but I've only raced rc cars so this is a HUGE transition to say the least. I recently purchased a drone off of eBay (slowly starting to regret that) and I've ran into a few problems:

First and foremost, the camera isn't coming in clear for some reason. I am pretty sure I am on the right channel (it is the clearest). I am using a Fatshark Piot HD V2 camera with Fatshark Attitude 1042 V2 goggles. The video transmitter seems to be Fatshark but I'm not sure of the exact model. (Fatshark mushroom antenna that says immersion RC enclosed in a box)

Second, when my quad is hovering it shakes. It is definitely still flyable but this is very annoying. The shaking gets even worse when I accelerate. I have MarsPower mx1806-2280KV motors with a CC3D flight control. As for the ESCs, I can't tell because they are shrink wrapped. I want to check but I also do not want to remove the wrap seeing as I do not have shrinkwrap myself. I was wondering if there was a way to check what ESCs I have in Librepilot.

I have thought about reflashing everything but there are a few things stopping me. One, I have never done it. Two, how can I be sure that I will be able to set it up properly?

Also, I wanted to order a couple more batteries but I am unsure of the correct C rating to get.

I am currently using a Flysky FS-T6 transmitter/receiver but I've been thinking of upgrading to an FrySky Taranis Q X7. The only thing really stopping me is the cost. I'm already about $500 deep with the batteries, drone and rest of the equipment. I want to get really familiar with flying and know for sure I want to do this before I dump anymore money into this hobby. I have also been considering either A. Building a budget drone (I have seen a build for just over $100 from UAVfutures on Youtube) or B. Getting an Eachine Wizard x220 to avoid this headache but I think I am going to stick to this drone until I get acquainted.

If anyone can help me with these problems it would be very much appreciated! If you made it this far, thank you! Lol hope yo hear from you guys

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 5
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 3
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 3
  • s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 3
Take screenshots of the config, do a dump /all in CLI and save to a txt file. Reflash latest betaflight, and reconfigure the basics like they were before, but do not touch the PIDs. Post your CLI dump on here and we will let you know if anything looks bad.

Ah, sorry just saw that you are on librepilot. You probably will want to switch to betaflight, it isn't that hard to set up. We can walk you through it. Forget what I said about the CLI dump, but still do the screenshots of your current librepilot config and a do a backup if librepilot has a tool for that.

ss1.JPG ss2.JPG ss3.JPG ss4.JPG ss5.JPG ss6.JPG ss7.JPG ss8.JPG ss9.JPG ss10.JPG
Take screenshots of the config, do a dump /all in CLI and save to a txt file. Reflash latest betaflight, and reconfigure the basics like they were before, but do not touch the PIDs. Post your CLI dump on here and we will let you know if anything looks bad.

Ok so after a quick google it seems that CLI has something to do with command prompt for my drone? Do you happen to have any resources for this? I have coded a little before so I am confident in my ability to get this done but I am not sure of the commands to use. I have also read that CC3D's are kind of fussy with betaflight. Is this actually the case?

Sorry for all the pictures but I do not know what holds the most weight to you guys (besides the PID settings I guess)

Ok so after a quick google it seems that CLI has something to do with command prompt for my drone? Do you happen to have any resources for this? I have coded a little before so I am confident in my ability to get this done but I am not sure of the commands to use. I have also read that CC3D's are kind of fussy with betaflight. Is this actually the case?

Sorry for all the pictures but I do not know what holds the most weight to you guys (besides the PID settings I guess)
ss11.JPG ss12.JPG

Ah, sorry just saw that you are on librepilot. You probably will want to switch to betaflight, it isn't that hard to set up. We can walk you through it. Forget what I said about the CLI dump, but still do the screenshots of your current librepilot config and a do a backup if librepilot has a tool for that.

Roger that. Please let me know if the screenshots I took are sufficient. Also, will I have to worry about binding the transmitter/receiver? I do not have a bind plug but I do have one on it's way in the mail

Sorry, I don't know if librepilot uses CLI, I haven't used it myself. But those screenshots should be plenty.

Ok cool. Looks like it's just me and you right now lol. I really appreciate the help... Definitely need some guidance in this hobby. So couple questions. How do I know what batteries my quad can handle? I want to get 4S lipos but I'm not sure if my quad is capable AND idk what C rating to get. I know the C rating is essentially the discharge rate and if the battery cant handle the amperage being drawn then bad things will happen but is there such thing as too high of a discharge rating? Also, once I connect to betaflight will it be able to tell me what ESCs are in the quad?

Here is a link to the receiver: 2.4 GHz receptor de 6 canales para afhds fs FS-R6B flysky i6 i10 T6 b TH9XT6do

It is a Flysky Fs-R6b if that helps. I think it's PWM (from Libre) but I am not sure.

Last question: How can I make sure that I have the right drivers before I go through with this process.

You need to know the amperage of the ESCs. If they use BL_heli firmware, you can use betaflight pass thru to see them in BL_Heli configurator chrome app, similar to the betaflight chrome app.

Reactions: JBlizz
For batteries, there are no problems with too high C rating. The higher the C rating, the more punch it will have. If you are constantly running your battery above the C rating it can puff and die so you don't want it too low. 45C or higher should be pretty good.

Reactions: JBlizz
You need to know the amperage of the ESCs. If they use BL_heli firmware, you can use betaflight pass thru to see them in BL_Heli configurator chrome app, similar to the betaflight chrome app.

Ok so I should wait to flash betaflight until I know the amperage of the ESCs, correct? Will I be able to view the configuration w/ BLHeli before I flash betaflight? Also, if my ESCs are not running BLHeli then are there any alternatives to finding out what they are besides opening up the shrinkwrap?

I am not sure if SimonK supports pass thru programming or not. Also flashing those f1 boards is a little different, you need an FTDI adapter. You might consider swapping out that FC for an f3 based board.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax