Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

1st build, i'm having problems with motors/esc

Gin

Reaction score
hi this is my 1st fpv drone build and i am having some issue with motors/ esc.
i mounted a Matek AIO F4 Flight Controller + PDB 4*30A + Bateflight OSD, motors Emax RS2306 - 2400KV, esc T-MOTOR F30A ESC-BLHeli 32BIT-2S-4S - DSHOT 1200
the reciever bind, i have the video on goggles, plugging the board to my pc i started the setup on betaflight but when i get to the motor's sheet and i raise the master my motors wont spin, the calibrating sequence does nothing (no sound, nothing moving),
when i plug the battery i hear 3 tone.
any clue of what is wrong here?

Also have you assigned switches correctly?
Properly assigned switches won't make a difference in this situation Wayne, when you plug into betaflight it bypasses all the FC control logic so either the battery is not plugged into the quad or there is an issue with the motor signal wires to the ESC's or some other failure.

@Gin, ESC calibration is only for analog protocols like OneShot and Multishot, Dshot protocols do not need calibration and you will need to set to one of the analog protocols to do a cal on the ESC's.

Reactions: Gin and Wayno52
Hi thank you for the fast response, unfortunately i couldnt bè that fast since i was i Brasil and i read but could bot answere cuz bad WiFi, so i checked the swirch for props off, the battery was plugged in and i heard 3 toner( are those enouth?)
Is It possibile that failing 1 wiring cause all motors notizie ti work, i May have failed all of them but seem unlikely to me,
In configuration page i disegni selected the DSHOT 1200 protocol.
Today i' ll get back home and try something

When you plug your battery, you should get the 3 beeps then 2 more. As you're only getting the 3 beeps usually indicates your receiver is not talking to your flight controller. In the receiver tab in Betaflight, are the bars reacting to stick movement?

Reactions: Gin
Yep, the bars in the reciver Tab are moving as i move the stick

3 tones is not enough, proper initialization is not happening. Dshot1200 could be a part of your issue. I would suggest trying to set it to Oneshot125 and then do an ESC calibration, then see if you get all 5 tones. Dshot can be a bit of a bugger if everything isn't just perfect.

i had the oneshot125 setted on the first try, and then i tried angain but nothing, now i was using BLHELISuite/BLHELISuite32 to read the setup/flash blheli but nothing the 4 esc label were empty, i think at this point that i have fail something while wiring

In BLheli you have to select the right COM port at the bottom and you also have to select the right protocol (I cant recall exactly what it's called but the list is like simel labs someone else probably knows the name) anyways you have to select the right one or it wont read or write anything. It's a list of around 10 or 12. Once you flash your esc's you should be able to get the motors spinning. Wiring the motors is pretty straightforward so I doubt you've done it wrong. And if the direction is wrong make a note of it and change it in blheli. Hope this helps.

in my case everything helps so thank you, will follow the screenshot , i think that's right but i dont know maybe i miss something
Screenshot (142).png
Screenshot (143).png
Screenshot (144).png

I only have BLH_S so I don't know for sure, but it looks like you are connected to the FC, but it is unable to read from any of the ESC's through the motor signal wires that go from FC to ESC. Is your battery plugged into the quad since the ESC's need power to be able to talk so the main battery will need to be connected also.

in my case everything helps so thank you, will follow the screenshot , i think that's right but i dont know maybe i miss something
View attachment 2756
View attachment 2757
View attachment 2758
Yeah it seems you have the com port right just try all the different bootloader modes hopefully that works. And this is probably a stupid question but it's still worth asking you do have a lipo plugged in correct. Like I said probably a given but you never know.

yep the battery plugged in and charged
the 1st bootloader not work at all, the second show the below tab that it will go forever
Screenshot (145).png
i now tried to flash the fc but it is not working even that and when i hit flash firmware i lose the connection with com9
Screenshot (149).png

You will lose connection when you go to flash it, the COM port should be in DFU mode to flash which will disconnect your current session. How are you getting your FC into Bootloader/DFU mode? Did you try the ImpulseRC Driver fixer? Sometimes you can just type bl (for bootloader) or dfu into the cli tab to get it in the right mode. Last but not least, it can be hit or miss if you are using a boot button or boot pads to get it into DFU mode, so you may have to try several times. Usually when you get into boot mode the LED's on the FC will act differently, for instance, on an old SPRacingF3 instead of the blue solid and red flashing LED's, if in bootloader mode just the blue comes on and the red (CPU booted up indication) never comes on or even flashes.

Reactions: Gin and baevans11
Ok so First time i forgot about dfu mode, then i uses a button to get into bootloader mode, the led acted differently, but in this mode i can't see the com port at all.
I did not tried the ImpulseRC Driver fixer cuz i didnt know about so i Will try this

Ok so First time i forgot about dfu mode, then i uses a button to get into bootloader mode, the led acted differently, but in this mode i can't see the com port at all.
I did not tried the ImpulseRC Driver fixer cuz i didnt know about so i Will try this
Yeah you wont see the com port when your in dfu mode that's normal. And you shouldn't need to use impulse if you get into dfu mode without it. Once you pick your boards target and the latest stable version do a flash and once flashed you will see the com port come back up and you can reconnect and start configuring it. I'd check the full chip erase tab on the flash screen before you flash. Itll probably already be checked but just make sure. Hope that helps.

The full chip erase Tab was checked.
I dont thing i understod the First part, in the flash firmware Tab i select the version that i want to flash, the FC is on dfu mode i can't connect to ant port, the file is loaded and if i click flash at the bottom or the page nothing happen...anyway i Will try anaig tonignt but that was happening yesterday.

The full chip erase Tab was checked.
I dont thing i understod the First part, in the flash firmware Tab i select the version that i want to flash, the FC is on dfu mode i can't connect to ant port, the file is loaded and if i click flash at the bottom or the page nothing happen...anyway i Will try anaig tonignt but that was happening yesterday.
Yeah it should work if it's in dfu mode. How are you getting into dfu mode? You can either jump the boot pins on the board or you can connect to it and go to the cli tab and enter in BL and it will go into it without having to jump the boot pins on most boards. Well try that and try using impulse rc driver fix too. You would turn on BF and go into bootloader mode and then launch impulse rc. It almost always fixes driver problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax