Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

1 motor arms the other don't spool up

Well, Nothing good to report...
1st I went outside and now it won't arm. have that fixed, then after trying again.
It just freaks out and flips end over end, so back to the drawing board on getting things figured out.

Mark

Motor rotation: Check
Yaw orientation: Check
Prop install: Check
As for motor orientation, The. 4 in 1 esc was not setup in the same direction as the FC So I wired all the motors straight to the esc's and then did a custom motor mix and had to reverse some of the motors to make things turn in the right direction
So now it seems I may have to go back and redo everything and rewire things to the correct pads etc.
What ya think?
Mark

You shouldn't have to rewire. Motor rotation and motor layout are two separate issues. Fix the layout by going into cleanflight and changing the layout to match the numbers on your 4in1. You wired FC motor signal 1 to ESC motor 1?

Yes all signal wires go from FC 1,2,3,4 to motors 1,2,3,4
Then changed the layout in Betaflight , then changed motor rotation as needed in BlHeli suite

Well as I check 1 motor at a time in the (motors tab) and use the sliders they are all working as they should I.E 1 for 1 2for 2 etc. etc.

20170408_182045.jpg 20170415_103809.jpg
In the first pic is the FC laid out in the proper direction
The 2nd pic is the screen shot (doesn't show motor layout do to Custom)
however the ESC layout is as follows 4 3

1 2

Green I just spoke to Armatten quads (where I bought the motors) they recommend 30A esc for these motors not 20A so it looks as though I will be taking things apart anyways, this time I will get the 4 in 1 in the proper orientation to make things a bit less confusing

Reactions: Jtrjr
HaHa ....No,No that shot was taken earlier in the build process (was using what I had on the bench) for mockup checking clearance for the props!! awesome of you guy's to spot that though!

I am in need of a 30A ESC 4in1 (correct orientation) and the power coming in from the rear of quad and the motor wires front and back (I have a skirt that will be to close on the side ) any suggestions I'm on the hunt as we speak!

Mark

I am in need of a 30A ESC 4in1 (correct orientation) and the power coming in from the rear of quad and the motor wires front and back (I have a skirt that will be to close on the side ) any suggestions I'm on the hunt as we speak!

Mark
Looks like a job for the TBS Powercube, or the Powercube Elite Bundle alongside some Armattan 30A muthas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax