Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

1.8 or 2.1mm lens for runcam eagle?

baevans11

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a link to get either a 1.8mm or 2.2mm lens for the eagle? I'm having a hard time landing cause I'd like to keep a decent angle on my camera but it makes landing a pita cause I'm trying to land looking at the sky lol. It looks like one of these would help. Btw I have the 16:9 version if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help. Edit: I can only find 2.5mm.

Last edited:
Man I wish I knew the answer for you, relatively new myself and I am flying ARF low end for now, I need to get some upgrades for it to fly now, and hopefully use in my own build in the near future. But for now I just need to fly and this is a huge question for me. I may just get a Rotor Riot RunCam (best view lens??) and put it in my ARF.

Why a 1.8 or 2.2 specifically? The diff should be minor to a 2.5 I would think

I think in the end we will have a few different things for all of this... cams/lens, vtx etc. but I hate to waste too much money so I try to research... and it can be hard to make every decision the correct buy until you use it.

Reactions: Wayno52
Man I wish I knew the answer for you, relatively new myself and I am flying ARF low end for now, I need to get some upgrades for it to fly now, and hopefully use in my own build in the near future. But for now I just need to fly and this is a huge question for me. I may just get a Rotor Riot RunCam (best view lens??) and put it in my ARF.

Why a 1.8 or 2.2 specifically? The diff should be minor to a 2.5 I would think

I think in the end we will have a few different things for all of this... cams/lens, vtx etc. but I hate to waste too much money so I try to research... and it can be hard to make every decision the correct buy until you use it.
The 1.8 and 2.1 lens offers a larder field of view at the expense of a slight fish eye effect. But from the footage I've seen it is alot better especially for landing when you have a steep angle on your camera. For where I like the camera now it's like looking at the sky trying to land. But I'm still learning so I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

The 1.8 and 2.1 lens offers a larder field of view at the expense of a slight fish eye effect. But from the footage I've seen it is alot better especially for landing when you have a steep angle on your camera. For where I like the camera now it's like looking at the sky trying to land. But I'm still learning so I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.
Try spinning around 180deg. just before landing, landing backward, works great
Like the end of this vid

Reactions: Wayno52
Last edited:
I tried this one but it doesnt work unfortunately. It fits but I have a smaller screen and the corners are dramatically rounded. But **** I can tell I'd really love this camera too cause I have the angle to 40 degrees and I can see much more of the ground. Oh well it was worth a shot. I'm guessing the issue is mine is a 16:9 camera and this is a 4:3 maybe? I'm still learning so I'm not certain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleveniseven